[Harp-L] Fw: More Sad News

----- Original Message -----
From: "Live Blues List" <liveqcblues@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi folks. I'm afraid I have some sad new to pass along to you. I just heard
that R.L. Burnside passed away early this morning in Memphis. Representative
of the north Mississippi hill country blues, R.L. was featured in the recent
documentary "You See Me Laughin" which focused on a handful of the last Hill
Country Bluesmen. You may have seen the stirring tribute to R.L. at this
year's Mississippi Valley Blues Festival when he was presented a River Road
Lifetime Achievement Award.  R.L.'s son Daniel, who also performed at this
year's Mississippi Valley Blues Festival, lives in Bluegrass, Iowa.  Daniel
was scheduled to appear along with Hal Reed in this weekend's Iowa Blues
Challenge Solo/Duo competition in Des Moines. Instead, Hal Reed will perform
a tribute to R.L. and his music. I hope you'll join me in extending
condolences to Daniel and the rest of R.L.'s family.

You can read a little about R.L. Burnside at the Fat Possum Records website
http://liveqcblues.c.topica.com/maadVURabjW8ba4pVW2baeQywg/ . There is also
a good interview with R.L. from 1999 on the Perfect Sound Forever online
music magazine
website. You can read it at
http://liveqcblues.c.topica.com/maadVURabjW8ca4pVW2baeQywg/ .