Re: [Harp-L] Bizarre

yikes!! that sucks. reminds me (in a way) of this drama/comedy that used to be on TV
here, called Roc (about a black garbageman and his family. wouldn't surprise me to hear
that there previously was a British sitcom about the same thing). anyway, Roc's brother
was a trumpet player, young guy, who lived with them, since as a musician he was always
broke. thing is, he never gigged, so he never made money. whenever Roc would say
"you've gotta make some money or get out" the brother would have some clever story
about how he just hurt his lip and couldn't play! ;)
hope you're better sooner rather than later.
--Jp

Wouldn't happen to me - if it came to a toss-up between playing with a sore lip or losing gig money I'd be out there at the gig like a shot!!

Puts me in mind of an old joke, which I'll probably get slightly wrong but here goes. Fellow in the saloon bar sees a cowboy outside hitching up his horse before coming in for a beer. Just before he comes in he sees the cowboy carefully lifting up the horse's tail and giving its behind a big smooch. Curious, the fellow asks the cowboy when he comes in why he kissed the horse's @$$. "Oh, it's because I have sore lips," he says. The fellow asks "Why, is kissing the horse's @$$ a cure for sore lips?" "Not exactly," says the cowboy, "but it sure stops me from lickin' 'em!"

Steve

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/trad_irish_harmonica
HEAR my CD clips: http://www.gjk2.com/steveshaw/cd.htm
READ review of my CD: http://www.irishmusicreview.com/sshaw.htm