Re: [Harp-L] minidisc substitute

randy singer wrote:
<forgot to mention,
<
<the cool Editorol (by Roland)
<
<Records direct to mp3 or wave, hardisc, portable.
<
<www.edirol.com

Do you mean the R-1?  I can't find a device called the "Editorol" on the Edirol site.

Note that all these devices are pretty pricey -- not much less than an iPod.  However, the iPod doesn't include a built-in mic.  But I'd be reluctant to record a live gig with a single mic anywhere in the room, whether or not the mic was built in to the recorder.   Best solution for on the spot live recording is a feed from the PA board, assuming all the instruments are going through the board; otherwise, a dedicated stereo preamp with two mics carefully placed in front of the band.  I appreciate that it's awfully tough to get that kind of setup going on anybody else's live gig.

Regards, RH
hunterharp.com