[Harp-L] Re: minidisc substitute

That's comparing apples to oranges. Completely different devices for different solutions/markets.

The MicroTrack includes mic inputs, not built-in mics.

I've recorded from the board to my MD. Didn't like it, although some people have posted that they like this solution. To my ears, the sound was sterile and the performance sounded separate and distant, besides lacking the ambient noise that characterizes a live performance. You know, applause from the audience, the waitress dropping the occasional glass, and that one guy at a gig who always yells out, "PLAY SOME SKINNARD, MAN!!!"

It's really not that difficult to set up portable devices like these. The real work comes in post-processing. I use BIAS Peak:

http://www.bias-inc.com/products/peakPro5/

Ray.
--
My Music – www.resgraphics.com/music