[Harp-L] Re: simply which chrome?

sean stephens wrote:

Good evening/afternoon ladies and gents.  Sitting here on the verge of ordering
a Bf chrome so as to try and play along with George,Rod,Dennis et al.
I know its a moot point,but could someone suggest best model(cost is a limiting
factor),ie Hering vs Hohner and which particular one.  I am an intermediate
player(can utter phrases,TB/SLAP etc but am not as yet fully articulate)
Time is of the essence as my mother is for one night only underwriting this
purchase plus maybe the Butterfield double live cd(if I can find it!).Thus I
will act swiftly upon any early recommendations.

Thanks in advance.
Sean.

Hi Sean,

I've had fairly good experience with the Hering 6061.  Although, I'd agree with
Winslow that it is not as durable as the Hohner 64 Chromonica.  You might have
difficulty finding a 16 hole Chrom is keys other than C.  Most 16 holers are
offered in C only.  12 holers are readily available in keys other than C.  You
could get a 16 holer in C and have it re-tuned to Bb.  But there's the money
word again.

If anyone knows of 16 holers other than C, please tell me.

Best Regards to All,

Larry Boy Pratt
www.parkhousejam.com