Re: [Harp-L] The Nearness of You/2 & 3 Bends

aeskow@xxxxxxx wrote:

Sometimes I find that in playing new melodies I discover the extra benefit of a training exercise. Playing "The Nearness of You" in 3rd position demands precise and fluid attack on the various 2 & 3 bends, both hitting them pre-bent and sliding into them. I think beginning and intermediate players might find this kind of tune-oriented approach to learning precise bends more rewarding (and instructive) then simply drilling on them in the abstract.

Peace and Respect
Johnny T

Try playing the Guitar Slim solo from "The Things I Used to Do" in the low octave in second position. It's not fast and only requires hitting the notes correctly.

--
Hear Barrelhouse Solly--that's me--on the web.
http://www.soundclick.com/barrelhousesolly