[Harp-L] LOs x SP20s

Hi all,

I'm seeing this discussion about SP20s and LOs, and it is interesting to see
how different people have different experiences. I guess that maybe they are
using different harps, although using the same models. Let me explain.
It is clear that one of the strong points with LO harps is the constant
quality level. A LO is a LO and that's it. No fuss.
Hohners, on the other side, have seen good times and bad times. It seems to
me that, for 1 or 2 years now, Hohners have seen a big improvement, and I
hope that this continues to stay so. But there are a lot of old new stock
harmonicas around, so I guess that one might have bad luck and pick an older
SP20 from a bad time. And this might explain the mixed feelings about SP20s.
My own personal experience might not be very adequate for a comparison,
since harmonicas seem to last a long, long time in my hands, be it LOs, be
it Hohners. Maybe I play them too little :-)
Regards,
D.