[Harp-L] Re: Jason Ricci and New Blood 2005-08-16 @ etree (Garry Hodgson)

>hey folks.  here's the one you've all been waiting for.
>you'll need to be set up for Bit Torrent (see bt.etree.org
>for details), or wait a week or so for it to hit archive.org.

>Jason Piercey <mule@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> This one is quite the evening full of good blues.
> Please do enjoy, some good stuff here folks.
>

> http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=18068
>

> Jason Ricci and New Blood
> 2nd Annual Harmonica Blowout
> Knuckleheads
> Kansas City, Missouri
>
> In Association with SPAH

Woohoo!  Thank you Garry, and thank you Bit Torrent.  I'm getting it right
now, already got the green light in my client.  A note for anyone who wants
to try Bit Torrent for the first time: forget the official client, it sucks.
Use Bit Tornado or any of the other "experimental" clients and you'll have
much more success.  Also, remember to leave the torrent running after your
download is finished until you've uploaded at least as much data as you
downloaded, but preferably more.  That generosity of bandwidth is what makes
Bit Torrent work so well!  And maybe this goes without saying, but you don't
want to try downloading 1.5 GB at once (Bit Torrent doesn't let you pick and
choose individual songs) unless you're on a broadband connection and are
able to leave it running for several hours and possibly a couple of days.

By the way Garry and Jason, I still haven't forgotten about the Birmingham
show.  I just haven't been through there in a while (thanks, gas prices!),
but the tape is in the museum's archives, so there should be no hurry except
our own impatience to hear it and to let others hear it.

Jonathan Metts