Re: [Harp-L] Subject: Re: RollingStone.com obit of Clarence "Gatemouth" Brown

Elizabeth wrote:
> A long-time resident of Slidell, Louisiana, just outside New
> Orleans, the Blues Foundation Hall of Famer [Gatemouth Brown]
> recently lost his home to Hurricane Katrina and had been
> preparing to relocate to Austin.

Sorry that he never made it here.  I saw Gatemouth at Antone's about
10 years ago, when he was a spry septuagenarian.  He was crotchety
as ever, and put on a hell of a show.

Seems that Austin is benefiting from the displacement of New Orleans
musicians.  We recently had a report of Cyril Neville renting an
apartment in town, as well as some members of the Dirty Dozen Brass
Band, the Iguanas, and more.  Too bad Gatemouth won't be among
them.

-tim

Tim Moyer
Working Man's Harps