[Harp-L] sj4x10 with 545

I got one of Sonny's 4x10's awhile back and never posted about it.  The amp doesn't need my endorsement, but I wanted neveretheless to publicly say how much I love it.  I'm still feeling great from a gig last night (I need to testify!) sittin' in all night with a "20 something," r&b/blues-based rock jam band kinda unit.  (I had no idea we had played a Phish song, when a gal in the audience asked for another one!).  Thankfully, they also played older classics like Take Me To The River and One Way Out.

Anyway, the point is that with a 545 (from the North Allegheny School District via Tom Ellis) I just loved the sound.  I was the only sound on stage not going through the PA, and I was heard by all and had plenty of headroom.  BTW, there was a EH Deluxe Memory Man in the chain; turning the delay up was fun when doing some "scratching" behind the couple of rap-like numbers.  Personally, I think the Unidyne III elements sound especially great with the sj4x10, they really seem to open things up.  Perhaps in another combo situation (with less rock and less band volume), a CR would sound great; but in this situation, it just doesn't cut through the mix as well as the 545 family.

So, thanks to Sonny and to Tom Ellis (and Shure) and to EH.
(I need to add that I haven't played through a Meteor or a Velvet Glow to offer any comparison.)
--John K.