[Harp-L] elements for i-mic?

first of all, many thanks to ben felten, whose wonderful
i-mic gallery at
http://harmonica.typepad.com/photos/imic/index.html
is informative and inspirational.

so, he talked me into it.  i want to try making some
mics to play with.  following the links from one of
the i-mics takes me to mouser.com, where they
show a number of different mic elements at
http://www.mouser.com/catalog/623/1260.pdf

so, the question is, which kind to get?  electret,
dynamic, ceramic, crystal?  which of these are
appropriate for an i-mic?  what criteria would i
use to decide on one vs. another?  which would
sound "best" (for chicago sound, for clean sound)?
do some require more complex construction (e.g.
a power source) than the simple i-mic design?

i'll probably get a couple to try out.  but any guidance
anyone could give would be greatly appreciated.

also, my current blues blaster is a hi-z mic, going
into an rp300a.  what do i need as far as cable
and converter to use an i-mic with this setup?

thanks

----
Garry Hodgson, Technical Consultant, AT&T Labs

Your love, your anger, your kindness, your hate.
All of it creates the future for you and your children.
What kind of future are you creating today?