[Harp-L] Rob Paparozzi at Kavehaz in NYC

I went to a Katrina fundraiser at an attractive club/cafe in NYC (Kavehaz) hosted by "Big Ed" and populated by some of the best blues people in the tri-state area. There was a local guy named Sonny Hudson that had an awesome tone and presentation playing when I arrived. Rob stepped up and really galvanized the place. In my opinion a lot of harp players sing whether they have the talent to do so or not. Rob has the talent. And his harp playing: Deep, wide, generous from hole one through ten. A lot of Butterfield in him too (No surprise since he does a Butterfield tribute show with a big band). He's a great show person and a super harp player with a constant smile. I was suposed to play a song (harp) with a guitarist named Mike Torres just prior to Rob but the schedule just didn't permit my inclusion. I was kind of glad not to precede Rob. As an aside: I recently re-enrolled in the harp-l list after starting to play again after a few years hiatus. One of the first things I posted when I came on harp-l maybe 5 years ago was a search for some Lee Oscar standards I had heard out at the Harmonica Mastercalss in California. Rob responded by sending me a copy of the CD he had picked up in Japan. No charge. No sweat. Just burnt it and sent it. Nice guy. My girlfriend thought he was terrific last night as well so this isn't just a harp thing. It's a musical thing. dennis moriarty (nyc)