[Harp-L] 1st chromatic

Gerald Simons,

I had the same decision to make and chose the Hering Baritono which is a half octave lower in Key of C. I liked the idea of the plastic comb and the tone of this model as well as the look.  Unfortunately, I had nothing but trouble with reeds in the 8 -10 hole area.  Reeds broke off at the base
as well as going out of tune rapidly. and I spent as much as the original cost of the harp on cost of reed replacement.
I called Hohner recently to order plates for a 270 and asked if Hohner had plans to make a plastic core for the 270, and they said no. Such a core with screws to attach reed plates would make this a top class harp with a reasonable price.   Glen  gsp@xxxxxxxxxxxx