[Harp-L] colors and textures

Hi,
This is my first posting. I just wanted to say that I, also, am surely
enjoying the discussions, wisdom, humor and also share some of the more
challenging moments ... seems we have lots of emotions and ways to share
them. The best way to share them, for most of us, is in our harps, right?
:>) That maybe is what we mean by color, texture, etc. And, wonderfully...it
means each of us bringing in our own unique style, whatever that style is.
Funny, we were discussing that at our jam last night, too. Two did not
understand; however, when we discussed flavoring soup...we had 'em! There is
soup and there is SOUP! It is, as mentioned before, who we are within
us...how we perceive a piece, or it could be just our life at that moment
that seems to dictate the "life" that comes out our harp. When I have been
confused, it is flat and lifeless, but when I am very emotional: good, bad,
or ugly, it is very apparent both in the sound and in the audience's
response. The confused/flatness is apparent in the audience, too, actually,
which is unfair to them, so I pass during those times, now... I just listen
and wait, and my spirit is renewed just by being there with all that music
and friends, amen?
I am taking up two new instruments that are wonderful musical tools, but it
sure seems to me that absolutely nothing can express what is deep in the
soul, be it searching despair or extreme praise to the Lord, like the
incredible Harp! It is an awesome, tiny key to much more than music. Jon
Gindick's latest note says a lot, in that regard, too. This tiny tool has
totally changed my life, and I do thank God every day for that wonderful
gift with all its flavor, colors, textures, interwoven into my life and
those with whom I am allowed to share.
Joy,
Lesley