Fwd: [Harp-L] 5th positionOOPS correction

Ken M posts

<<But that last bit about playing "3rd position" in D
on a Bb harp doesn't make a lick of sense to me. A
point of reference for the tonic for 3rd position
in ~my~ mind will always be the 1 or 4 draw...
Where do you get 2 blow as ~any~ kind of refrence
for 3rd position?>>

Apparently Ken missed the correction posting I immediately sent when I
realized my mistake (copy of which is attached at the end of this email).

<<If that was some kind of neo-Zen approach to
teaching, then, well, you lost me. Why not simply
call it 5th position and be done with it? The 2
blow is D on a Bb harp, just go from there. Why
doncha call a spade a spade? It's fifth position.
So what?

Scratchin' my head, confused in Colorado,
--Ken M.>>

>From the tone of this last paragraph, I can only assume that Ken meant to
send this email to me offlist and accidentally cc'd it to the Harp-L.

The Iceman