Re: Fwd: [Harp-L] 5th positionOOPS correction

Hi Larry and all,

--- IcemanLE@xxxxxxx wrote:
> Apparently Ken missed the correction posting I
> immediately sent when I realized my mistake
> (copy of which is attached at the end of this
> email).

Hah! You're right indeed. I missed that "Ooops"
post and did not see it until just now. Thus my
confusion.

> <<If that was some kind of neo-Zen approach to
> teaching, then, well, you lost me. Why not simply
> call it 5th position and be done with it? The 2
> blow is D on a Bb harp, just go from there. Why
> doncha call a spade a spade? It's fifth position.
> So what?
>
> Scratchin' my head, confused in Colorado,
> --Ken M.>>
>
> >From the tone of this last paragraph, I can only
> assume that Ken meant to send this email to me
> offlist and accidentally cc'd it to the Harp-L.

Hey, I think my "tone" is pretty good, but that's a
whole 'nother subject. Nope, I intentionally posted
this to the list as I thought my confusion
regarding your "3rd position" refrence might be
shared by the list.

My "Neo-Zen" refrence was a tongue-in-cheek
response to Larry's referring to Chris M. as
"Buddha"... nothing pointed intended there. If
anyone took this as a barb, then please accept my
very public appology.

The rest of my post was simply an honest response,
presenting my honest and plainly stated opinion to
what I took to be a rather confusing statement from
someone who knows harp much better than I.

Well, okay then...

Harpin' in Colorado,
--Ken M.

http://mail.yahoo.com