Re: [Harp-L] Musselwhite overblowing or alternate harptuning? Re: Harp-L Digest

WVa Bob wrote: <<I read an interview with Charlie where he said that he had learned how to
overblow but just hadn't recorded with the technique yet...maybe he has now?

That's probably it.

and Winslow Yerxa wrote: <<Charlie sometimes talks like he hasn't done anything new since he was
born. But look at where he's been in the last several years, <<

I guess staying of the wagon gave him that extra energy (maybe I should try it too ;-))

The Iceman wrote: <<Perhaps this is an example of playing in one of the positions not normally used for blues.

It's definitely cross harp.

Chris Michalek wrote: <<Yes, it's all there. I heard it too.  charlie has always experimented with playing in different positions and it seems to me he does what he can to advance his playing.

I think it's great that someone like Charlie, who is considered a real veteran having learned from both Walters and the likes, is getting into this.
(relatively) Old school meets (relatively) new school.
I guess Little Walter wouldn't have been scared off either for learning ob's had he been alive today, since like Chris says, they aren't really more difficult than regular bending.

Nate wrote: <<internet people are able to access information on artists alot more.
Artists are realising this and building websites that tell you everything about themselves, and I mean everything. <<

I'm soooooo glad that this is not entirely true ;-)

Ludo
PS sorry for the digest form reply