[Harp-L] Rosco Selly with Maybe August NEW CD

It certainly is a pleasure to receive a CD and know, on the front end, that the playing and songwriting is going to be good. Maybe August's "Based On Actual Events" is one of those CD's.
This is their second project, and one can immediately hear the how these guys have taken their playing and songwriting to the next level. Every song on this CD has some kind of infectious hook, either melodic or vocal, and sometimes both. The tight vocals and harmonies that are quickly becoming a trademark for this band, represent guys who grew up listening, I suspect, to groups such as The Hollies, The Byrds, and Buffalo Springfield.
    Rosco Selly, who a lot of us know and respect, has laid down some terrific harmonica solos, and horn lines, both as a soloist and in unison with Michael Peloquin who, along with Rosco wrote the parts. There is also some great interplay with the guitars on a couple of tracks. Of special note, at least for me are tracks 7 & 10. The phrasing on these two alone are worth getting the CD for. From a sonic standpoint the project was done with a lot of care...it just sounds good. The package itself also looks like a major label issue...(nothing worse than an Indie that looks like it was made on your printer at home.) My only issue at all with this CD is that the copy on the insert and tray card is in very small script which make it, at least for me, a little hard to read. However I suspect that most people won't take exception to this once the disc starts to spin. Anyway, Rosco pointed out that the liner note info is also on the CDBaby link...   http://cdbaby.com/cd/maybeaugust   so if you have an issue with this, just go there, read the liner notes, and buy the CD while your at it.
    This is not a harmonica fronted band...this is not a blues band...this is a band that works together extremely well and happens to have one of the most innovative harmonica players as a member.

Get this CD!!!
PT Gazell
pt@xxxxxxxxxxxx
www.myspace.com/ptgazell