[Harp-L] More on the YEAR OF THE HARMONICA and LD

More answers to some of the questions we've been getting:
Thanks for indulging non-playing-Fan-only one more time.
As for LD's age.... He started playing at about 6, so yes, that is only
6 years.  By the time he was 7, he did get to appear on stage with Buddy
Guy and Kenny Wayne Shepherd....and that list has grown exponentially in
the past 5 years to include Stevie Wonder, Joe Bonamassa, Joss Stone,
Susan Tedeschi, and many more....and they are so grateful and humbled by
every opportunity.  But for most of the past 4 1/2 years, the parents
left behind their business and their home to go on the road 200 days a
year with their 3 sons.  For the past year, LD has been playing 6 shows
a week and the family has had to make a lot of sacrifices to pursue the
boys' musical dreams.  Something I'm sure most of you can identify with.

LD and Cole are NOT favored to win this show but are widely considered
to be in the top 3 or 4.   The favorite is an 11 year old girl show tune
style singer whose family has never made the sacrifices it takes to live
on the road, so it's my personal hope that the harmonica community will
really come together to get LD as much support as they can muster.  Yes,
I know I'm biased, but I really believe that a win for The Millers,
which would put them on every TV in America and many beyond, is a great
thing for the harmonica community and certainly does more for the
instrument than giving it to another girl singer.  So I would appeal to
all of you to find your way to a telephone and computer on Wednes. night
of the SPAH convention to vote for the Millers on August 16 after 10pm.

It's been interesting that the NBC Boards have been full of families
mentioning their kids begging for harmonicas and harmonica lessons, and
a resurgence among many adults of interest in the instrument.  Is that
the holy grail for harp players?... maybe not, but it is a few extra
sips from the industry well.  I think the potential spotlight on the
instrument is greater with LD than Taylor simply because Taylor is first
a singer who also plays harp and LD is first and foremost a harp player
who also sings.   But a win on both shows would shine a big spotlight in
the masses on the instrument.  With your help, it would indeed be the
YEAR OF THE HARMONICA!!!
 Nancy O