Re: [Harp-L] Harp of Choice...

I use Golden Melodies and Special 20's (since the GM's don't come in low tunings in F#, F, and Eb).

  Clint Hoover got me using them when he showed me to overblow.  They also fit nice in my hand and I like the tuning.  They're easy to work with, but there are other harps that ob easier.  I am anxious to try the new Suzuki harps.  Just waiting to get a key other then G.

  The GM harps were way harder for me to get all my bends straightened out then my Special 20's.  Like most harp players, I am a glutton for punishment.  :)

  --- In harp-l-archives@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Bachman wrote:

It seems that so many new harps are being discussed and discovered
by our
harp community. What I am hoping to start with this post is
another "roll
call". I think many of us would like to know what brand and models
others
are using and perhaps explanations why. I will start the process and
see if
anybody cares to follow suit.

I have always played Hohners. Overall quality and playability has
made me
stick to them. Model of choice overall, Special 20's but also play
some
custom Marine Bands. Starting to use the few Golden Melody's I own,
mostly
cuz it seems to be the harp of choice for the "monsters" on the
diatonic
scene. I play a lot of styles besides just blues; folk, rock,
reggae, cajun
etc.

Warren Bee