Re: [Harp-L] Harp of Choice...

Bachman <harptime@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> It seems that so many new harps are being discussed and discovered by our
> harp community. What I am hoping to start with this post is another "roll
> call". I think many of us would like to know what brand and models others
> are using and perhaps explanations why. I will start the process and see if
> anybody cares to follow suit.

as a relative newbie, i'd gone through a long period of trying different models
to see what i liked best.  tried special 20's, vintage 1923's, pro harps, bushman
delta frost, big rivers.  pretty much settled on special 20's, and relegated the
others to practice harps.

but recently i got a few suzuki bluesmasters as a gift.  and man, are they nice.
ergonomically, they are by far the most comfortable to hold and play.  but i also
find them very smooth and responsive, with very controllable bends and such.
i haven't adjusted anything yet, 'til i get to know them better.  but they already play
better than my former favorites.  they sound a bit different than the 20's.  not
necessarily better, or worse.  just different.

----
Garry Hodgson, Senior Software Geek, AT&T CSO

Can't you hear my lambs a callin'?
Oh good shepherd won't you feed my sheep?