Fwd: [Harp-L] Harp of Choice...

--- In harp-l-archives@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Bachman <harptime@...> wrote:

...I think many of us would like to know what brand and models others
are using and perhaps explanations why...

Warren Bee

Seems to depend on the situation.  I like having options.  I've been
enjoying Delta Frosts a lot for out-of-the box.  Customs from Moyer,
Oysler, Meehan.  I'm sure others are fine, but I haven't tried.  I
don't have a custom in E, so I find myself grabbing a DF, not based
on careful analysis, but it seems to me that the potential harshness
of an E is tempered a bit by the DF (reed material maybe? very
subjective of course).  To my ear, LO's have a lot of volume, so I
might grab one of those if I'm playing totally acoustically or around
a single mike with a bunch of other players on fairly loud
instruments like fiddle or resonator guitar (or piano -- as in the
Augusta Ice House).  I haven't tried a Golden Melody in years --
maybe I should.  I have some "Vintage" Herings, but I don't pick them
up too often -- maybe if I'm accompanying my friend Greg on Freight
Train Boogie and I know I'll be palying a lot of chords.  I like
having choices -- indulges my fantasies that they make a difference!
--jk