Re: [Harp-L] Harp of Choice...

  Before I learned to overblow I played Bluesmasters.  Suzuki makes some pretty good harps.  They were really cheap, lasted a long time and where very easy to play.  It took me months to GMs.  Plus a music store in town has them.  I bought a few Promasters, but still didn't like the feeling of the reeds when trying to ob.  For action out of the box and ease of play, they were great!

  Mike

  --- In harp-l-archives@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Garry Hodgson
wrote:

Bachman wrote:

> It seems that so many new harps are being discussed and discovered
by our
> harp community. What I am hoping to start with this post is
another "roll
> call". I think many of us would like to know what brand and models
others
> are using and perhaps explanations why. I will start the process
and see if
> anybody cares to follow suit.

as a relative newbie, i'd gone through a long period of trying
different models
to see what i liked best. tried special 20's, vintage 1923's, pro
harps, bushman
delta frost, big rivers. pretty much settled on special 20's, and
relegated the
others to practice harps.

but recently i got a few suzuki bluesmasters as a gift. and man,
are they nice.
ergonomically, they are by far the most comfortable to hold and
play. but i also
find them very smooth and responsive, with very controllable bends
and such.
i haven't adjusted anything yet, 'til i get to know them better.
but they already play
better than my former favorites. they sound a bit different than
the 20's. not
necessarily better, or worse. just different.

----
Garry Hodgson, Senior Software Geek, AT&T CSO

Can't you hear my lambs a callin'?
Oh good shepherd won't you feed my sheep?