[Harp-L] 90 Seconds to 'Glory'

Interesting read on LD Miller's time restriction . . . I once participated
in a Lee Oscar national harmonica contest, and won the NC competition etc.
(got some cool stuff for prizes) . . .  There were a LOT of great players
that all kinds of great technique and chops . . . I chose a Johnny Sansone
minor-keyed tune on which he played squeeze-box and sang, and basically just
played fast, flashy minor-keyed licks . . .  which I knew would impress the
judges.

Anyone that knows me or how I 'hear' and play knows that is not my usual MO,
but if you just have a few moments to impress people that know next to
nothing of what you're doing, you go with what they can digest if you want
to make it happen . . . It appears, (from the poster's perspective anyway),
that the kid 'understands' all of the other nuanced things that are out
there, but has made a smart choice in this particular context . . . Let's
support him and the exposure for the instrument!!!

Paul Messinger/Chapel Hill NC