Re: [Harp-L] chromatic questions

If you read my post you'll notice that I have bought a lot of replacement combs. Replacing a comb on a 270 isn't all that easily done anyhow. There aren't two 270's that are the same. Personally I like the square holes but I'm looking forward to seeing an example of the new model and I still wish it had a plastic comb. Actually what would be ideal would be a composite comb like many of the customisers use. Let's shift the analogy a tad, instead of fan belts on a car how about timing belts? The service interval on timing belts has more than doubled in the last several decades. Automobile manufacturers have improved their products over time. I'd certainly hope that harmonica manufacturers were moving in a similar direction. I confess my problem is extreme, I live in an arid climate that has humidity swings form 5% to well over 75% relative coupled with temperatures that range from the 100 plus down to the teens. Wood doesn't fair all that well here. fjm