[Harp-L] In regards to playing blues and going to jams..What did y'all do?

Hi,

I am a new subscriber to the list but I've been readiing the archives for years. I am curious to ask the guys who have been cutting their teeth for a while about a few things. Yeah, I live in a college town, Lawrence about an hour away from Kansas City. While I live next to a music hub of a city, my actual city doesn't really care about blues or jazz. I've played harp for maybe 4 years. I've been trying to find a guitarist to play with for a long time. Recently,
I've been getting together once a week or so with my harp teacher who plays guitar and one of the harp "old guys" who some of you might know and that's awesome. But really, since I don't have a vehicle of my own (completely broke) and gas is so friggin expensive I can't get out to KC jams most times.

I really want to get this blues thing to be my life, but sometimes i spend weeks where i just practice in a room by myself. THe cats who can REALLY play - I imagine you guys have been going to countless jams for years and years, right? Playing with countless bands... I'm not sure about my real question, but I guess I just want some of you playing mfukrs to relate some experiences, etc. It's usually encouraging.

Thanks,
R. Ivanov

Don't just search. Find. Check out the new MSN Search! http://search.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200636ave/direct/01/