[Harp-L] Christo Redentor

Here's the Donald Byrd original version:

 Cm F/ Cm F/ Cm F/ Cm F/
 Cm F/ Cm F/ Cm F/ Cm F/
 Gm F#m Fm/ Eb7 Dm7/ Gm7 C7/ Gm7 C7/
 Gm7 C7/ Gm7 C7/ Gm7 C7/ Gm7 C7/
 Gm7 C7/ Gm7 C7/ Gm7 C7/ Gm7 C7/
 Cm Bm Bbm/Ab7 Gm7/ Cm F/ Cm F //

Byrd's version modulates between two keys of 12 bar blues for a total of 24 bars.
To me that modulation makes the song much more interesting.  I don't know why Charlie left it out.

Richard Hunter wrote:

he piece is played by Charlie Musselwhite in slow 12/8 time.

Changes as follows, length of each chord in a bar is equal:

(melody enters) / Cm F / Cm F / Cm F / Cm F / Cm F / Cm F / Cm F / Cm F /
(turnaround) / Cm Eb7 / Ab7 G7 / Cm F / Cm F //

In other words, it's a 12- bar structure, where the first 8 bars are Cm-F, and the last 4 bars are

the turnaround.

You can vamp on Cm-F between choruses if you like -- Charlie does.

Regards, RH