Fwd: [Harp-L] Personal Toungue Switching Breakthrough

Which is smaller, your tongue or your head?

But which is easier to move despite the smaller weight and size of the
tongue?

If you absolutely are incapable of licking your lips from side to
side, the headshake may be the only way. If so I won't rain or your
parade.

If you can lick your lips, you can probably control your tongue enough
to move it from side to side to alternate two widely separated notes.
Cultivating this will give you more control in addition to using a
smaller body part and less physical effort.

The headshake doesn't directly affect the holes and body parts
involved. It's kind of like tilting the whole house to roll a pill out
of a bottle - a whole lot of other things will roll as well.

Winslow

--- In harp-l-archives@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Will Vogtman
<will_vogtman@...> wrote:

This is probably obvious to many players out there.  However, I'm not
a novice (not yet an expert) and this is near epiphany to me.

  I've been working of and on for a few years trying to get a fast
toungue switching warble with only limitted success.  Then, just a few
minutes ago (in one of my summertime nocturnal adventures) I had a
thought--"Hey id10t, don't move your toungue!  Cement your toungue to
the harp and shake your head!"   It still needs some refinement, but I
am leaps and bounds ahead of where I was a little bit ago.

  Tought I'd pass it on.

  Will