RE: [Harp-L] Andy Belvin

Well, there ya go!!! Thanks for the added info, John.

On 8/8/2006 9:40:27 AM, John Balding (john.balding@xxxxxxxxx) wrote:
> Andy Belvin was Jesse Belvin's cousin. Jesse was a singer along the
> lines of Same Cooke and Otis Redding. He was the author of "Earth
> Angel", (released by the Penguins in 1954) and "Goodnight My Love",
> among many others. So far, that is all that I have been able to
> uncover.

More than 'I' could! It's not a common name, and I gathered Andy was also Black, so I wondered about the connection between him and Jesse.

> I have e-mailed someone from another forum who actually knows the
> afore-mentioned Andy Belvin. If this is, in fact, the Andy Belvin from
> the "22 Rare Harmonica Performances" compilation, I hope to have some
> more info for you and the list soon.

I'm curious now, too! My guess is it could be the 69 year old Andy [or Anderson] Belvin in L.A., California, since Jesse was raised there.

Bobbie