Re: [Harp-L] Hohner "Educator" harp?

M. N. wrote:
> Hohner once made an "Educator I" harp that was more or less a Golden
> Melodie chromatic without the button. Are they still making
> something like this?

If only.  The Educator I was an interesting instrument.  It's a 12-
hole solo tuned diatonic in C but the scale starts on the G, like this:

G C C E G C C E G C C E G C C
_ _ 1 2 3 4 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
A B D F A B D F A B D F A B D

and the first two holes aren't number, the others numbered 1 - 10.
Nice full length covers and shaped like a stretch Golden Melody.  They
came in a little shaped, clamshell box made of blue pressed cardboard,
and were outfitted with windsavers.

Nice little harps, wonderful for third position blues.  Sometimes you
can still find them on ebay.  I don't know if they made them in other
keys.

-tim

Tim Moyer
Working Man's Harps