RE: [Harp-L] Front Man/Harper Dies In Memphis

 I remember some wild times listening to that group(got busted once). R.I.P. Arthur Lee.

-----Original Message-----
From: Rob Paparozzi <chromboy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Mon, 7 Aug 2006 15:40:08 -0400
Subject: [Harp-L] Front Man/Harper Dies In Memphis

Not sure if anyone yet report this to the list, but Frontman/Writer/Vocalist
and Harp Player Arthur Lee founder of the band LOVE founded in California in
1965, died last Thursday of Leukemia in Memphis.

His solos were some of my 1st trys at Folk-Hippie-Rock harp in the late
60's: (not hard stuff but PERFECT for the songs!

Message to Pretty
Signed D.C.

The Love "Forever Changes" Lp is a worthwhile addition to anyones collection
of 20th century Music. It Ranked 40 amongst the 500 BEST Rock Record ever
recorded.

Their classic arrangement of Bacharach's "Little Red Book" spawned a whole
genre later called PUNK.

Rest in Peace Arthur Lee

best,
rob paparozzi