From: Doowopsvoice@xxxxxxx [mailto:Doowopsvoice@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, August 08, 2006 2:07 PM
To: John Balding
Subject: Andy Belvin

Hello,

I am a member of Harp-L, a forum for harmonica players. recently, one of
our members asked about an artist named Andy Belvin on "Inspirations II:
22 Rare Harmonica Performances". The tune Mr. Belvin played was a
country Blues-type piece. There is no bio in the liner notes, as there
was for other players.

###(For the record, Andy was just being taught how to play the harp when
he recorded the song. So he asked his teacher to play on the recording
of "Travelin' Mood". That was Harmonica Fats. Andy later played on
record himself.)

I ran across your 2004 post to the SoulfulDetroit.com forum, where you
mentioned an Andy Belvin as being Jesse Belvin's cousin. Do you have ANY
information from a musician's standpoint about Andy Belvin?

###(Just called him and he is going to sit down and write a bio and
discography. I also told him to find one old and one new picture.)

Is he still active musically?
###(on the business end.)

What are some of his song credits?  Does he, in fact, play the
harmonica?
###(He quit)

Any information would be great.
###(It is coming.)

Thank you for your time, it is greatly appreciated,

John Balding
Tallahassee, FL

(Lonnie Cook http://doowophalloffame.org Andy sang with a Doo Wop group
called The Shields)