[Harp-L] Re: Suzuki Pure Harp review (long)

First off, thanks to Stephen Schneider for the
informed thorough review. As encompassing as it was
I'm surprised he failed to mention the phosphor bronze
reeds. It may be these which give the growl. Delta
Frost supporters report the same raspy, gritty tone.

Also, it was mentioned that Suzuki are planning to
tweak the reed profile and (as I've heard) lower the
cover plate height. If I order one of these puppies is
there any way to tell which batch the'll come from?
Might as well get the 'right' one.

Finally, could those who've tried them provide one
more camparison? I tried a wide variety of brands but
as yet no customs. I've been putting this off because
I fear that once I do I'll need full sets in both
Richter and Paddy. It adds up quickly. My reference
point for responsiveness is the Suzuki Overdrive. So,
how do you rank the three (Firebreath, customs,
Overdrive) in terms of airtight response. Should I
wait for the refined Firebreath or embrace the
inevitable and start my custom collection?

Paul