Re: [Harp-L] Cotton question

In a message dated 8/9/06 11:22:56 AM, drori_hammer@xxxxxxxxx writes:

<< Hi -

  I just picked up a live recording of James Cotton "Live and on the move" -
like anything else I`ve ever heared by him, it`s great!

  Just out of a fan`s curiosity, does anyone know what equipment he uses live
(amps, mics)? His sound playing "electric" always sounds so similiar to his
acoustic sound, that I`ve sometimes thought he just uses a vocal mic direct to
the PA rather than an amp - could this be true?

  Hammer

Back then he was using a Fender 'super 6', pretty much a beefy super reverb
with 6 10" speakers. He also always used a Shure SM58 to blow harp. i believe
now he uses the same mic, but usually blows direct to the PA.
HB