-----Original Message-----
From: rick.dempster@xxxxxxxxxxx

Fine. But you have to be in a position (read 'band') that allows you to
do that. In a four piece blues act, there's not a lot of room to move.I
have heard a lot of clever harp players over the years, but most of it
amounts to what Toots calls 'look Ma, no hands' (quoting from R.Hunter's
interview in his book 'Jazz Harp') I can be pretty 'clever' too, but not
at the expense of the music, or the bands performance, I hope.
RD

>>> <icemanle@xxxxxxx> 9/08/2006 22:08:20 >>>
Think beyond the "usual role of the harp". Move past the 'chugging'
mindset. There is a whole world out there to discover.

The "AH" in SPAH is ADVANCEMENT of the Harmonica. You don't have to be
a member of SPAH to do it, though.