[Harp-L] Suzuki Fire Breath redux

I continue to work with my Suzuki Fire Breath, and I'm finding it in general to be a durable instrument.

Two days ago I decided to re-gap it again -- the gaps I'd set the first time around were very nice for overblowing, but didn't give me enough punch and volume for my usual style. So I went in and gapped it a little higher.

I'm very pleased at the results. Ovrblowing is a bit more difficult to pop in, as expected, but the overblows are very stable. Even more important, the harp really barks now. Most surprising of all to me is the way this harp sounds through my amped setups. It projects more strongly than almost any other diatonic in my collection, with a big, dark, heavy sound. I'd really expected the amp to minimize differences in tone between this harp and others in my collection; instead, it makes those differences bigger. Very impressive.

I'm buying a second Fire Breath today, this time in G. Will report later on what I find.

Regards, Richard Hunter
hunterharp.com