[Harp-L] Re: [ Harp-L] Subject: Re: New Carry on Airline Restrictions

Phil writes:

"I seriously doubt the new airline carryon restrictions will affect
harmonicas. The restrictions cover liquids -- water bottles, cosmetics,  notions and
such."

....I thought that too, Phil....until they mentioned (in one of the  many
articles I've just read)...that the "devices" planned to use to blow  up these
home-made bombs, were concealed as simple ordinary electronic  hardware-...head
phones, digital cameras and the like.  Most people  who carry on their harps,
also have at least one mic...with the cable, and  occasionally other
harp-related equipment that could fit the  criteria.

 The "alert" is so high now, they may just decide to make life  miserable for
anyone with anything remotely suspect (cameras as well)  ....at the very
least we can expect major delays and thorough perusal of  our carry on luggage.  I
suspect they'll err on the side of caution  and insist on anything in
question being checked...that seems to  have been the theme for most of today.

The crack down today was only the initial response...New York, LA  &
Washington have already decided to bring in the National Guard for  extra
security....since the attacks were to be timed for just prior to the  5th Anniversary of
9-11.   I just heard now that Friday the really  tight security will be in
place and that even today at US airports lots of  people were mailing their
belongings home rather than lose them....and  this wasn't only about the liquids.

A heads up to any of the women on the list traveling by plane to
Denver....all perfumes are being confiscated, liquid makeup, lipgloss,  even
lipsticks...anything gelid, creamy, as well as liquid....boy I'm  going to feel and look
like a rag when I  arrive  :)

Elizabeth