Re: [Harp-L] Blues Junior - Line Out?

Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 16:46:09 -0700
From: "CHARLES BASSI" <jeanchar50@xxxxxxx>
Subject: [Harp-L] Blues Junior - Line Out?
To: "Harp-L" <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
>I have a Blues Junior amp and I'm actually quite happy with the tone,
>but sometimes I need to be louder.
>
>The Blues Junior doesn't have a line out per se, although you can
>unhook the speaker and line out to another amp, or presumably, the
>PA.
>
>So my question is, is it possible to add some sort of splitter device
>which
>would allow my to line out to the amp's speaker and the PA at the
>same time?  (Also, I don't find mic'ing the amp really satisfactory.)
>Has anyone had any experience with this?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Charles

Hi Charles,
  Great amp the Blues Jr, very popular with the harp pros in NZ.
A power soak aka attenuator will do the job, and give you a lot of control.
  For your situation the THD Hot Plate Attenuator would be the most
versatile.
http://www.thdelectronics.com/products/hotplate.htm
  It has a seperate line out connection with seperate level control which
is very safe and offers a lot of freedom of control.

  You can read more about attenuators, DIY line out circuits, and other
related topics here:
http://www.angelfire.com/music/harmonica/ampdtone.html#gettingitout

Cheers,
-- G.