RE: [Harp-L] water lubing chroms

I'm a total non-expert on chromatics but I found the following method to be a great way of freeing/lubricating a slide. Get a flat-bottomed container big enough both to put the harp in and fit your finger over the button. Put 1 cm max. depth, maybe less, of warm water in it. Lower the harp into the water, mouthpiece down. Press slide button repeatedly whilst underwater (the harp's mouthpiece, not you). Lift out harp with mouthpiece still down. Shake or tap out the water. No water gets into the reeds or valves, but the slide is both cleaned out and lubricated.

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/trad_irish_harmonica HEAR my CD clips: http://www.gjk2.com/steveshaw/cd.htm

G, thanks for sharing your many methods of lube for the slide mecahnism on
your chromatic harmonica.
I do have two follow up questions:
1.) Have you ever had a problem when applying water to lube the slide on
your chrom - that the wooden comb behind swells?
2.) Is the amount of water no different in amount of spit that gets in there
while playing?

I just don't always feel right about introducing water and wood.

Thanks.