[Harp-L] Suzuki Firebreaths Newbie Comments

I do not profess to have an opinion beyond a player with only a couple of years experience, but I have been really surprised by my new Firebreath. Firstly, it is quiet, and I felt like had asthma, which I haven't. I truly went through a bit of paranoia that I was sick, which could have been the case sanding walls without a respirator on. Anyway, there is likely to be a positive in durability, but I was running out of air just playing a simple tune. The coverplates run full length of the instrument, which I didn't realise how much my style had developed whereby my mouth position was a combination of the "detent" in the coverplates for the lower holes, and mouth to holding hand position for the others. So, I have found it easy to get lost on it, or should I say, not as "found" as normal. The comb looks great, and for one who has a strong opinion of exposed reedplates, I can say their workmanship in this area is first class. I still don't like them over my Special 20's. It has a great detent for grip along its length, at the back of the coverplates, but I reckon it could act to choke the sound. The Marine Band Deluxe 2005 coverplates are quite the contrary, and flare out to trumpet out the sound. In my mind they are a bit shrill, and tiny, a bit like my one and only Lee Oskar that keeps trying to scalp my top lip. Gee that hurts! So, I have mixed feelings about it, and feel it is not worth two Special 20's for its cost. For amplified harp players I guess it may well be another thing, but not being in that boat I can't comment. Remember, a novices opinion, but by far the most different feeling harp I have shoved in my mouth sofar.