Fwd: [Harp-L] help with django's Douce Ambience

Django did the tune in G minor, in pretty much the natural minor
scale. However, the bridge starts on Ab minor, then goes up to A minr
(ame lick a semintone higher) then finds its way around to D in
preparation for a return to the main G minor theme.

Whatever key your band is doing it in, the obvious harp choice would
put you in fourth position for most of the tune, though you'd have to
either switch harps for the bridge or use a few overblows.

I did it on chromatic, with Chris Michalek and Joe Filisko on
diatonics. Don't recall what Christ did, but I think Joe used fourth
position.

Winslow

--- In harp-l-archives@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Ross Macdonald" <b2becom@...>
wrote:

hey list - can anyone help out with the correct diatonic harp(s) to this
django track?  Is it best played in third position with a 'C'
diatonic?  Has
anyone done a MP3 harmonica clip of this they could direct me to?  I know
harmonica may seem sacraligious to jangoheads, but my band really wants to
do it and I need some guidance.

Thanks in advance!  I know all youi heavyweights are on the way to
SPAH, but
if someone could come to my rescue here - I have to solo in a couple of
weeks at a live recorded gig.  Yikes!

Ross Macdonald
b2becom@...