[Harp-L] Cab design and speaker selection...

I'm adding a middle tier to my stable of amps. At this point planning
on assembling the 'SuperChamp' amp kit from STF Electronics for the
head, and constructing a speaker cab (if not an electrician, I had a
cabinetmaking business). While I welcome
comments/opinions/information on any of these items, it's the cabinet
design and speakers I want to address in particular.
I'm working with a fellow who has some experience making cabs, so
that's a plus. The speaker size will be eight inch--as a pair.
Decided on the Weber Signature 8, but waffling between the alnico 8
and 8s; though I might compromise and install one of each type, and
maybe get the best of both worlds. (If not presented as one, that's a
question.)
The cabinet dimensions will allow for a four-speaker configuration,
with putting the first pair on the diagonal. I'll take an opinion on these
speakers, and wouldn't mind being told the _acoustic_ difference
between Weber's Signature and Vintage speakers in this size, since
the Vintage costs more than twice as much (I figure one thing is a
bigger magnet, noting the pound weight difference).
But where I'm having some concern is the cab's design. My co-worker
has suggested slanting back the face of the cab between three and
four degrees, for better projection--that is, the cab bottom an inch
greater than its top. The cabinet will have a totally enclosed back
and then ported (so as to augment the low end), but I'm wondering if
a non-square shape would negatively effect the frequencies in some
way. Point is, one doesn't see too many back-slanted amps from the
major companies--even though it would seem that an upward tilt would
make for better sound projection and thereby superior to the nearly
universal perpendicular shape.

The Monk