Re: [Harp-L] Repair and tuning tools

You can get your own tools. You don't need that overpriced tool kit.

1) Gapping: try a paper clip stretched out, or the head of a sewing
needle, or a piece of brass if you can find one.
2) Shim = a razor blade
3) reed wrench..you might be out of luck there, but I rarely use
it..you can also cut one yourself with a small piece of sheet metal.
The spark plug metal dividers work perfect.
4) instead of files, I use sanding wands. They are more refined and
take less metal off. You can also smooth out factory gashes. Go to
micromark.com and search "sanding wand"
5) Use a penny to close in the reed gaps
6) unflavored chapstick, rub on comb to create a gasket..
7) small hammer to open cover plates..
8) small screw driver...any home depot carries the small type. I use a
small flathead on philips to prevent stripping.