Re: [Harp-L] mic question

drori hammer wrote:
Hi
I saw on the coast to coast site that the Audix fireball mic with a volume control is considerably cheaper than without - why is this? Is there any other serious difference between the 2 mics?
Is this a good mic to play harp with when playing direct to the PA (not through an amp)?
Thanks for any info
Hammer
This question has come up on this and other groups in the past. It's been said that the original Fireball was machined from a solid metal billet (aluminum?) while the new model with the volume control is made with a casting, thus less labor intensive. As for playing through the PA, that's subjective. I've not heard the Fireball in person, but several have commented both pro and con as to its sonic merit, most notably Randy Singer who seems to like it a lot, particularly for chromatic.

lh