[Harp-L] Re: Need 545s connector or cable and volume control

Hi, Bill -

Connectors for these mics are getting hard to find. As an alternative the mic can be modified to use a different connector.

I just modified a 545 for a customer who wanted to convert it to stick style, with built-in volume control and 1/4"female jack.

Before picture: http://www.blowsmeaway.com/images/micmods/ Shure_545_before_800.jpg

New custom bits, before assembly: http://www.blowsmeaway.com/images/ micmods/Shure_545_mod_before_assy.jpg

All done: http://www.blowsmeaway.com/images/micmods/ Shure_545_after_800.jpg

I can also simply terminate the stick in a switchcraft connector (shortest, can use with external volume control) or build a switchcraft/volume control combination, both of which would be shorter than the 1/4" female combo. Contact me off line if you're interested.

/Greg http://www.blowsmeaway.com