[Harp-L] tone bone revisited

Earlier in the summer I wrote about the tonebone tube replacement from Mojo Sound. Just plug in these sockets and the 50 watt Fender silver Bassman becomes a 9 watt class A amp. Well, I've used the thing all summer with no problems. We played outside yesterday and it was plenty loud and when we went over to jam in a friend's garage for the evening I was able to get good tone at conversation level.Improved the sound a lot. Helps the keys a lot too. The Bassman was loud but too sterile, almost brittle. The tonebone sound is warmer. Not totally distorted like a champ, just a little warmth. I'm using a 2X12 cab so there's plenty of bass, and the head cab combination is easier to carry than a combo. It all fits in the trunk of my Escort which is nice too. Outdoors I had the amp on three and a half.I'm using a Mexican green bullet. Nice fit with the amp.

The gig yesterday was odd because we couldn't get a bass player. It was a free gig and we did okay but it was weird. It helps that our drummer was very good.

The jam in the garage was great. Warm August afternoon, a little beer, pretty good acoustics. It's fun to play with friends when you can get as weird and as spacey as you want. Did a long jam in 5th position in F# minor. Kept playing until the mosquitos got too bad.Fun.

Rainbow Jimmy
http://www.spaceanimals.com
http://www.soundclick.com/theelectricstarlightspaceanimals.htm