[Harp-L] puckering, tongue blocking and speed

Rainbow Jimmy wrote:

"You can sure play a lot faster puckering and Sonny Terry riffs are easier puckered (though they sound great with octaves)."

Maybe you (singular) can play faster puckering than tongue blocking, but that doesn't mean that such is universal. From my own experience and what I've heard of others one can play at any speed with either embouchure. Ie, puckering is not inherently faster than tb and tb is not inherently slower.

The different embouchures do have different strengths and weaknesses of course, but speed is not one of them.

 ()()    JR "Bulldogge" Ross
()  ()   & Snuffy, too:)
`----'