Re: [Harp-L] re:puckering, tongue blocking and speed

Nobody cares! If the guy gets good tone, then Rock On, My Brotha! Tongue blocking might win you a few purits points on Harp-L, but nobody else even notices.

And this has what to do with this thread? Let's see: since nobody cares about how anyone physically plays harmonica, then why should we bother to talk about technique at all. And since really, when you consider the general public, nobody cares about harmonica playing at all, then why talk about the harmonica in any way shape or form.

The purpose of a discussion group is to discuss.

Again, aside from what was obviously a humorous post to begin with, no-one has been saying anything that could at all be considered "purist" about one technique being inherently better than another. Indeed, the only real example of that was when it was claimed that you couldn't play in tb as fast as in pucker--the exact opposite of some theoretical "purist" tb-only statement you seem to have picked up on.

()() JR "Bulldogge" Ross () () & Snuffy, too:) `----'