[Harp-L] mySPAH

Well, I managed to crawl back to blazingly hot Texas after some
relief in the cooler climes of Denver.  What an incredible time.
I'm not going to do a laundry list of all the wonderful things I
experienced at SPAH, because I'd leave out more than I could
possibly remember to mention.

After my first SPAH experience, which was only in 2002, I've learned
to come with an open mind and a limited agenda, and just take what
comes, rather than set out a list of things to accomplish.  This
year was no different, and again, the strategy paid off for me.  I
made lots of new friends, met some old friends I'd never actually
seen face-to-face, and caught up with a lot of people I hadn't seen
in a few years.

I experienced some of the most wonderful harmonica playing I've ever
seen in my life, and had the honor of participating in events, both
formal and spontaneous, with the best of the best, everyone with the
openness and generosity that really characterizes this community.
People are so much nicer when they're interacting in person,
something that can never be simulated through electronic
conversation.

I hope I get to keep going to SPAH every year until my knees give
way, or at least long enough to see PT Gazell get his lifetime
achievement award... ;-)

-tim