[Harp-L] mySPAH

Denver SPAH was 'absolutely' outstanding (in Denver, everyone you meet
answers any request for anything with 'ABSOLUTELY') . . .

Great to see old friends Georgie Brooks, Chris the Buddah, Allen Holmes,
Mike Peloquin, Tom Albanese, Mojo Red, Tim Moyer, Jimmy Gordon, Joe Filisko,
Buzzzzz, Jelly-Roll, PT (not as old, but great to see him), 'Half' Ben
Nathanson, Master Bonfiglio, Johnny B, Gary Primach, Mike Polesky, Dennis
Gruenling, Dennis O, Rupert O, Winslow, Brad Harrison (looking fit and
well), 'Cool' Michael Rubin, Joe Leone, Warren B, and the great Jason Ricci;
as well as the great guys in his band (BuckWeed, Shawn) and 'significant
others' in their entourage . . .

A few high points for me:

Master Bonfiglio's Classical Music seminar:  Very few diatonic guys there .
. . Don't ever miss a chance to hear the great Bonfiglio speak about his
(our) craft . . . a life-changing experience . . .

PT Gazell's set:  The guy basically owns his little corner of infinity . . .

Chris Michalek at the Suzuki Seminar:  I honestly believe that Chris has the
best acoustic tone I've ever heard from anyone . . . anywhere . . . (my
opinion anyway) . . .

Joe Filisko's Teach-In:  One of the best things that has ever happened to
our instrument and our community . . .

Jason Ricci's Set:  A great player, a great soul, a great band that really
plays together (they did an 'absolutely' fabulous job backing others as
well) . . .

Gary Primach's Set:  Sorry you missed it Chris . . . Gary is one of my
favorite players . . . My favorite line . . . "Some call it singing, I call
it 'Getting By'."

Anything George Brooks did . . .

Anything Jimi Lee did . . .

Dennis Gruenling, wife Gina, and Mike Peloquin's performances . . .

Allen Holmes' All Blues . . .

Getting to hang out a little with Tim Moyer and Tom Albanese . . .

Checking out Cara Cook's bluegrass jams . . .

Checking out all the way-cool harmonica band cats . . .

Talking to Mark the film guy . . . he's really trying to do some very deep
and meaningful things for our instrument and community . . .

Sorry if I missed anyone or anything . . . SPAH is worth getting to . . . no
matter what the expense or aggravation that's involved . . .

Thanks again to Paul Davies and the Mile Higher's for an 'absolutely'
outstanding experience . . .

Regards,Paul Messinger/Chapel Hill NC